Departments Navigation Bar
Employment at TCA: Apply Now!
Please click here to access TCA's application system.
***TCA does not use District 20's online application process.***
All TCA applications are accessible through the above link:
* Educational Professional Staff
* Support Staff
** The Classical Academy is accepting applications for Substitute Teachers (Bachelor's degree required). We are also hiring non-teaching substitutes (e.g., teacher aides and administrative assistants) at this time. A high school degree is required.
Employment Contact InformationIf you have any questions about the school, job postings, or online application, please contact Human Resources, 719-488-6232.
HOW OUR HIRING PROCESS WORKS:
The Classical Academy is a charter K-12 school. We have a wonderful staff who are very focused on the success of our students. As our school grows and expands, we realize that the single most important factor in our continued success is hiring quality staff that share in our vision. If you would like to know more about TCA and its philosophy, please click here.
- All complete applications are read and screened. (INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT PROCESSED.)
- Completed applications are those which have all sections of the application completed AND have submitted the additional required materials and documents.
- Qualified applicant records are activated in the database.
- As positions occur, administrators search the active applicant records in the database, review applications, and select candidates for interviews.
- Applicants are interviewed, usually by a team composed of at least an administrator and for teaching positions, an Educational Philosophy staff member.
- Administrators may gather more data to make hiring decisions.
- All applicants who were interviewed are notified regarding the hiring decision by a representative of the interviewing team.
Transcripts should be final transcripts (graduate and undergraduate) showing degrees awarded. Also submit transcripts that show any additional coursework completed. If you are currently in an education program and do not have a final transcript, we will accept the most current transcript available FOR APPLICATION PURPOSES, ONLY. Upon graduation, you must submit a final transcript. Copies of transcripts are acceptable for application. If you are hired, you will need to provide official transcripts.
The Classical Academy does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in its educational programs and activities (including employment and application for employment).
- Letters of reference should be as current as possible,preferably not older than two years. Teacher applicants should ask recommenders to address, as specifically as possible, their work with students and colleagues, their mastery of subject or content, their teaching skills and techniques, and their character.
- A Colorado license is NOT required for you to teach. However, we ask that you supply a copy of any certification, expired or current, from any state, or inform us of any plans to acquire certificate.
- The Classical Academy job applications are considered for one hiring season. A hiringseason is a calendar year, January to December.
- Applications may be renewed for a second hiring season at your request. Please access the online application system to update your application for the current hiring season.
- After the two-year period, you must reapply.
- Salaries for TCA teachers are not based strictly on number of years teaching and college education credits. Factors such as other experience,knowledge of our teaching methodology, travel, foreign language, etc. are also considered. We do not require Colorado certification. We do not work on the basis of employment contracts.